BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 17, 2011

College Life Part1


Hello! :D

I would like to share with you guys my college life. I've just started my college life on 31st of March. The course I'm currently enrolled in is Diploma in Communication.



College? You'd think that after having to studying for 11 years at school, you'd finally earned a little break from all of the heavy books and crazy exams, but no, the world just couldn't stop right there could it!


College is an important transition from high school to university in every person's life, hence this really made me ponder on the question, " Is this the right path for me? Is this course that I've chosen really the one for me? " but those doubts are now finally resolved as I've finally made the decision to sign up for this course and work hard to make my mark on this world we live on.


It seems like just yesterday, that I first stepped foot onto this unfamiliar territory on that very first day of college. The sun was shining brightly when I reached. I remember my heart pounding against my chest, harder and harder with every step forward that I took, the excitement growing within me was overhelming. As slowly I paced thru the humongous campus, I took deep breaths of the fresh morning air and allowed the breeze to lift my jitters. Gradually allowing myself to adapt to this foreign territory.


My first class wasn't as terrifying as I had pictured in my head the night before. On that very day, I met a lot of fresh faces from various secondary backgrounds and interests with outstanding talents and skills, who've now become my close college friends. From the concrete classrooms to the brightly lit seminar hall all the way to the top of the range computer lab, we're always stuck together as a group just like a glue.


From that day onwards, life has never been the same for me again. Timetables began to kick in and a daily routine of going to college began to form. Booklists arrived and teachers began drilling tons of information into our puny little brain cells. What was I to expect? No one said college life was going to be smooth sailing. Throughout the day we were attending classes here and there, simply hectic. We were introduced to different teachers, who would be leading us on our way to success. The teachers were really nice and helpful, occasionally they can be really fierce but I understand that it’s for our own good and you just want us to do well.


Nothing beats a peaceful day at school, just kicking back with friends and family, but everyone must have something to hold on in life, something to call it their own. This place is where I will built up my life's story, the birth place of my career and future. With a blink of an eye, it's already mid April, classes are up and everyone's buzzing with assignments, the road ahead is filled with hardships and conflicts but will I make it through? I will. Like they always say, the past is history, the present is mine and the future is always filled with possiblities. As Vincci Lombardi once quoted " Winning isn't everything, but wanted to win is "