BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 18, 2011

College Life Part2

Well, it's now the third week of college and I'm starting to get used to the life of a college student.

College life wasn't as easy as I had expected. The news that I had heard about college during high school was a lot more different than what I’m now experiencing; it’s much tougher and harder compared to high school. But then again this is a big leap! There’s bound to be major changes from high school to college right?


College life is really different from high school life. In college, you can feel the stress radiating from the people around you, whereas in high school you can still fool around as if nothing mattered more than having fun.


I remember the first lecture class of Fundamental in Management that I attended which is lectured by Ms. Rosaline. She's pretty strict but then again she can be really nice too. At the end of our very first class, she asked us to check out Blackboard 7 and print out our assignment. I was totally shocked, " What?! An assignment? This is only the first class! "


Studying in Taylor’s Lakeside Campus is really challenging, especially when you’ve got to fight for parking spaces in the morning! Apart from that, the environment and view of the lake from above is just breathtaking, just simply spectacular.


For my first semester, I’m taking 5 subjects - College Study Skills (CSS), Mass Communication (MC), Fundamental in Management (FM), Creative Communication and Portfolio Development (CCPD), Introduction to Information Technology (IIT). The lecturer of CSS is Ms. Ngim. She's a nice teacher and did I mention she's pretty too! My MC lecturer is Ms. Zee and she's a really funny teacher that loves to joke around with her students. Ms. Rosaline as I’ve mentioned above is my FM lecturer. For CCPD, I’ve got 2 lecturers, Ms. Zee and Dr. Benedict. Unfortunately, we haven’t had the chance to get to know Dr. Benedict because he's currently sick. Last but not least, our IIT lecturer - Mr. Edward. He's a shy teacher but I’m sure we’ll all get along just as well.


I’m really happy being around my new classmates, they're just so friendly and adorable just like Nicol and Alyssa! I remember Alyssa coming late into our first class and sitting beside me. She's from Seremban and is just a year older than me. She took Foundation in Business last year but turns out that she wasn't really interested in it. What really surprised me was that her past high school is the exact same one as my little brother’s current school - Highland School.




Have you guys met Nicol yet? I got to know her through my high school’s friend- Sindee. We first bumped into each other at one of the lecture halls. She's actually from Semenyih and is the same age as me! That day after our first class, we planned to have lunch together. During lunch, Alyssa and I kept talking nonstop but Nicol didn't really talk much that day because she was still shy, but nowadays the three of us just can’t seem to stop.


Although there are still some of them that I haven’t really gotten to know yet but we’ve got all the time in the world and I’m sure we’ll get along perfectly. This is college life. I have to adapt to it, I must and I will!


Alyssa, Nicol and I

0 comments: